2024 CAMA Student Agri-food Marketing Case Competition
Canadian students completing a post-secondary program who are interested in the agriculture and food industry are invited to attend the CAMA Student Agri-food Marketing Case Competition to enhance agri-food marketing skills, network with industry professionals, and have an opportunity to compete against students from other Canadian colleges and universities.
In this case competition students will be provided with information about a new product or service in the Canadian agriculture and food industry. Teams will then have 24 hours to research and develop a marketing plan for the provided product or service. Each team will then present their plan to a panel of industry experts.
Canadian college and university students are invited to compete in this competition. Teams of 3-4 students are permitted. A maximum of 8 teams will compete. A maximum of 1 team per school will be allowed to register for the case competition up until the registration cut-off date. After this date and if there are still available spaces in the competition, additional teams may be permitted to register from each school.
Benefits for Students
- Network with agri-food marketing industry professionals and future employers during the CAMA Level Up Conference taking place in conjunction with the Case Competition and Best of CAMA. Teams are able to attend the conference, time permitting.
- The opportunity for your team to be promoted on the Best of CAMA social media channels. A profile of each member of the winning team will be shared on these social media channels upon completion of the competition.
- Boost your knowledge of agri-food marketing.
- Attend the Best of CAMA Gala event where you will be exposed to Canada’s best agricultural marketing and communications.
- Experience working with a team in a high-pressure situation.
- Great experience to list on your resume!
- Cash prizes available for top 3 teams: $1000 for 1st place team, $500 for 2nd place team, $250 for 3rd place team
Date: November 6-7, 2024
Location: Sheraton Eau Claire Hotel, Calgary, AB
- Click here to register online and enter your school team into the case competition.
- There is a $300 registration fee for the case competition.
- Teams are required to cover the cost of their transportation and hotel room accommodations.
- Registration deadline is September 30, 2024.
For More Information Contact Mary Thornley
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 519-389-1239
2023 Winning Team from University of Manitoba L-R: Megan Wright (Event Coordinator), Austin Gutscher, Holly Nicol (industry leader), Laine Vandersteen, Karina Dumont
Young students across Canada are inspired, educated, and motivated to solve big challenges in the agriculture and food industry. There is a select group of students who have a keen interest in agri-food marketing specifically, and are looking for more hands-on experience within the industry.
The CAMA Student Agri-Food Case Competition gives young minds the opportunity to develop skills, gain hands-on experience, network with industry professionals and help to solve big issues in agri-food marketing.
This competition will take place in conjunction with the Canadian Agri-Food Marketers Alliance (CAMA) Level Up Conference and the annual Best of CAMA event from November 6-7, 2024 at the Sheraton Eau Claire Hotel, Calgary, Alberta.
Students from Canadian universities and colleges studying in an agricultural program will be forming teams of 3-4 students to represent their respective post-secondary institutions at this competition. Teams will be given a case in the afternoon of November 6th that includes a marketing problem to solve, basic company information, relevant financial information, and market research. They will be given 24 hours to solve their case and prepare a presentation to deliver to a panel of judges. The winners of the competition will be awarded at the Best of CAMA event. Students will be provided with a practice room to utilize as well as all meals will be provided to the students.
There is an opportunity for your company to be introduced to the up-and-coming educated minds in the industry through this case competition. If you are interested in connecting with students who are looking for potential summer, co-op, or full-time job opportunities or would like to share your brand with the industry, this competition is a great way to promote your company. A variety of sponsorship opportunities are available to assist in giving this learning opportunity for students and enabling them to learn about agricultural marketing, as well as promoting your company to the next generation.
For more information about sponsorship, please contact Mary Thornley at firstname.lastname@example.org