ALL CATEGORIES ARE ONLINE SUBMISSION ONLY.
Agri-Marketer of the Year
Each year the CAMA Chapters across the country nominate individuals for the prestigious "Agri-Marketer of the Year" Award.
- 2015 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Stephen Denys
- 2014 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Robert Saik
- 2013 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Lorie Jocius
- 2012 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Lyndon Carlson
- 2011 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Kim McConnell
- 2010 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Ferdie Schneidersmann
- 2009 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Jay Bradshaw
- 2008 Agri-Marketer of the Year - Dr. Tom Funk
CAMA Lifetime Achievement Award
CAMA is pleased to announce a new CAMA Lifetime Achievement Award. This award is to recognize a CAMA member who has dedicated their career to the Canadian agricultural industry and their volunteer time to CAMA.
- 2015 – James Shaw, CAMA Ontario
1. Integrated marketing campaign
Campaigns targeted to sell a product or service, elevate a particular brand’s position, or raise public awareness of a company, product, service or issue. Must use a minimum of two tactics (radio, TV, print, direct marketing, POP, online/electronic media, dealer support materials, special events, premiums, displays, public relations or communication elements). Demonstrate research in campaign development.
- Total campaign $100,000 or less
- Total campaign $100,000 - $250,000
- Total campaign $250,000 - $500,000
- Total campaign over $500,000
2. Print Ads
- Single ad, any size
- Ad Series, any size
3. Radio commercials
- Single, 30 or 60 seconds
- Series, 30 or 60 seconds
4. Television commercials
- Single, 30 or 60 seconds
5. Out of home
These products are intended for a public audience. Examples include billboards, murals, public sculpture, transit interior and exterior, shelters, resto-bar, airport terminals, wrapped buildings, cars, decorations, neon signs, awnings and street furniture.
- Billboard, single
- Billboards, series
- Other outdoor (custom signage, bin wraps, vehicle wraps, and other non- traditional outdoor)
6. Electronic/Online media
This category focuses on computer/web-based projects that use electronic production or delivery mechanisms to provide audiences with information such as electronic newsletters, other electronic publications, internet (www) sites, intranet (internal web) sites, wikis, podcasts, interactive communication programs and presentations.
- Web design - Corporate
- Web design - Microsite, promotional
- Video targeted to external audiences
- Online advertising (e-mail or banner ads)
- Electronic newsletters
- Online magazine or publications
- Social media
- Mobile Apps
- Online video advertising (YouTube Pre-roll) - NEW
- Podcasts - NEW
7. Category Merchandising aids, promotional or specialty advertising
- Point of purchase material (posters, banners, mobiles, packaging)
- Exhibits or displays (tradeshow booths, mobile displays and exhibits)
- Promotional items (calendars, hats, give-aways)
8. Category Product sales
Materials developed for the primary purpose of promoting sales of a specific product or service.
- Single piece literature
- Series literature
- Digital presentation
- Direct marketing or direct response advertising specific to product or service
- Electronic or interactive media (media that engages the audience and solicits user interaction)
9. Consumer-focused campaigns for agri-business or agricultural association
Campaigns that promote value-added agriculture products marketed to the end consumer such as processed food (cookies, specialty meats, ice cream, pasta), ethanol and other products that are ready for market. Does not include farm input products. Campaigns must use a minimum of two tactics (radio, TV, print, direct marketing, POP, online/electronic media, dealer support materials, special events, premiums, displays, public relations or communication elements). Demonstrate research in campaign development.
10. Advertising or communication materials produced in Canada for foreign markets
11. French language marketing
- Print ads, French
- Online media (web, mobile, social), French
- Specialty promotion, sales support materials, literature, corporate literature,
- Electronic media (radio, TV, DVD), French
12. Experiential marketing, non-traditional guerilla tactics, street teams, sampling
13. Special events
Includes tradeshows, customer appreciation initiatives, large fundraisers, official openings, road shows, product launches, town hall or annual meetings, stakeholder consultations or other events that mark a significant occasion or supports the goals of an organization.
14. Media relations
Campaign or ongoing program targeted to the news media.
15. Crisis communication, issues management, government relations
Programs targeted to internal or external audiences that address issues, trends or attitudes that have a significant impact on an organization such as government relations, labour relations, mergers, acquisitions, public policy, the environment or emergency preparedness.
16. Internal communication
Communication initiatives targeted to internal audiences or audience segments that may create awareness, influence opinion or behavioural change including brand ambassador programs, change management initiatives, benefits and compensation, ethics, morale, internal culture or education. French
17. Community relations
Programs targeted to community audiences that support a worthy cause, influence awareness, opinion, create partnerships or raise funds. Campaign or tactical elements may include television, radio, all print mediums, all online mediums, and all electronic and multi-media mediums.
18. Print publications
This includes external or internal publications in all formats except electronic such as one to four-colour magazines, newspapers, magapapers, tabloids, newsletters, annual reports and special purpose publications.
- Magazines and newspapers – internal or external
- Annual reports
- Special publications
Includes original material written for a particular project including personality profiles, recurring features or columns, other features, editorials and advertorials or original writing of news articles, marketing or interpretive articles, speeches, scripts, news releases, sales promotion and marketing, writing for online distribution, technical writing and blogs.