Marketing Coordinator – 4-H Canada
July 29, 2022
Position type: Permanent, full-time
Location: Ottawa, ON (hybrid available) or remote (able to travel once a month for meetings)
Reports to: Senior Marketing Manager
Compensation & benefits: $42,000-$46,000 per annum, plus comprehensive health and dental benefits, employee assistance program, RRSP contributions, and three weeks of vacation time plus December holiday closure.
Anticipated start date: Negotiable
For over 100 years, 4-H has been one of the most highly respected positive youth development organizations in Canada. Our goal is to help young Canadians “Learn To Do By Doing” in a safe, inclusive, and fun environment. Together with the 4-H movement, we’re nurturing responsible, caring, and contributing leaders who are committed to positively impacting their communities across Canada and around the world.
The Marketing Coordinator is an integral member of the Marketing team, responsible for the implementation and support of marketing strategies and growth initiatives that strengthen the 4-H movement and enhance our brand.
Working closely with members of the Marketing, Communications, and Sponsorships teams, the Marketing Coordinator will help achieve our Strategic Plan, focusing on innovation, inclusion, business excellence, and growth. They will deliver compelling marketing tactics, support innovative brand activities, and lead transformational projects with a meaningful impact on communities.
• Coordinate the planning and implementation of marketing and brand strategies, goals, and activities for programs, initiatives, and campaigns, in collaboration with national staff, provincial organizations, and corporate partners.
• Execute and advise existing and new brand awareness activities, including the annual Show Your 4-H Colours campaign.
• Develop marketing collateral for various departments and activities, including writing and basic graphic design, while coordinating with external vendors for design, printing, photography, and video needs.
• Support the management of social media channels in collaboration with the Communications Coordinator, particularly planning, reporting, and of basic graphic design.
• Lead the creation, layout, and scheduling of email marketing campaigns and automation.
• Coordinate and optimize print, digital, and social advertising campaigns.
• Develop and maintain analytics, performance, and reporting systems for marketing and communications activities.
• Plan and implement web optimization and SEO for national websites, while supporting the national digital strategy and redevelopment of web properties.
• Manage the CRM database, information sharing, integrations, and optimization.
• Assist the planning and delivery of the retail program, including the development of new products, creating marketing campaigns, and managing inventory.
• Assist the planning and delivery of the national alumni program and initiatives.
• Support the execution of grassroots fundraising initiatives and events.
• Represent 4-H in a positive manner during internal and external opportunities or assignments.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Post-secondary education in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field.
• Two to three years of progressive marketing experience, preferably from a not-for-profit background in the youth or agricultural fields.
• Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics, and website management.
• Experience with social media management, advertising, listening, and reporting.
• Experience with email marketing and automation.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills.
• Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and navigate multiple priorities.
• Self-directed and comfortable taking initiative, with the ability to work well independently, in team environments, and with accountability to multiple project managers.
• A high degree of professionalism, efficiency, creativity, and attention to detail.
• Ability to occasionally work a flexible schedule and travel.
• Ability to provide a clear criminal background check.
• Experience with web CMS, email marketing, and social media management platforms that include WordPress, Drupal, Craft CMS, Mailchimp, Constant Contact, and/or Sprout Social.
• Experience and skills in graphics design, particularly in the Adobe Creative Suite.
• Familiarity with CRM platforms and managing customer records, such as Microsoft Dynamics.
• Familiarity with eCommerce operations and platforms such as Shopify.
• Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite of applications and tools.
• Bilingualism is considered an asset, but not required.
Application close date: Sunday, Aug. 14, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. ET.
To apply for this position, please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Applications should be addressed to Ryan Baan, Senior Marketing Manager.
We would like to thank all applicants for applying for this position, however, we will only be contacting candidates who are considered for interviews. 4-H Canada is committed to an inclusive and accessible recruitment and selection process. Please let us know if you require any accommodations.
View this posting on 4-H Canada's website: https://4-h-canada.ca/about-4-h/employment-opportunities/marketing-coordinator