Marketing and Communications Lead (Partnerships & Trade Shows) – Glacier Media
November 26, 2021
Requisition #: 2021-11.010
Purpose: Supporting the Glacier FarmMedia (GFM) mission, along with the Marketing and Communications Department’s Foundational Document, the Marketing and Communications Lead, Partnerships & Trade Shows will work alongside a talented team of professionals to educate and engage farmers and agriculture industry leaders about the power of GFM’s products. The Partnership & Trade Show program leverages industry partnerships to serve Canadian farmers, drive new business for Glacier FarmMedia, and enhance the company’s reputation.
Reporting to the Director of Corporate Communication and Strategic Partnerships, this is a key role within the Marketing and Communications Department. You will work closely with all members of the Marketing and Communications Team, Sales Team, Event & Conferences Team, and many others throughout the organization as this portfolio spans our entire business. You will support Glacier FarmMedia’s Partnership and Trade Show efforts by further developing and formalizing this program, including scoping the portfolio to determine current state of ~100 partnerships and trade shows, building process and workflows, establish decision-making and evaluation framework, establishing and managing budget.
Description of work performed:
- Establish framework for an accurate, systematic, efficient, and measurable partnership, sponsorship, and trade show program that will lead to new business development.
- Provide thoughtful leadership and strategic insights to lead the program to new levels.
- Develop win-win relationships with farmers, producer groups and industry clients.
- Collaborate with the Editorial, Sales, and Marketing/Communications teams on initiatives of the utmost importance to GFM and the Western Producer brands and reputation.
- Work shoulder to shoulder with journalist, sales and marketing team members to meet common goals.
- Lead the creation and fulfillment of partnership agreements, including liaising with key clients, leading fulfillment, including booking advertising, coordinating tradeshows, generating regular program status reports.
- Establish the program structure to ensure the program is properly managed and fully leveraged.
- Develop strong relationships with Canadian agriculture associations and industry contacts that help WP and other GFM brands forge ahead with strategic priorities.
Skills and Experiences:
The ideal candidate for this position is highly systematic and organized, well connected in the agricultural industry, committed to establishing long-term win-win relationships, and energized by being part of a fast paced, growing, and dynamic team and company.
A degree in marketing, communications, business, or agriculture, along with at least 5 years of experience in related fields is preferred (a combination of experience/education will be considered).
Terms of employment:
- Some flexibility, weekend and after-hours may be required
- Travel is required
- Fulltime, permanent position
- Excellent salary and benefits package available
- Remote work will be considered
Please apply to firstname.lastname@example.org. You must include the job title in the subject line. All applicants must apply with a resume and cover letter clearly stating salary expectations, no later than December 6, 2021.
Glacier FarmMedia is committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy, accessible, and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success. We are an equal opportunity employer; we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our team and communities. Should you need accommodation at any point in the process, please advise us.