Lead Designer – Suckerpunch
September 19, 2023
These are some of the things you’ll get to do with us:
• Design for print media, brand design and illustration
• Work with agency teams, including accounts, copywriters and developers to build creative solutions.
• Interpret communication briefs and objectives into intelligent design/copy and media approaches.
• Develop brand and campaign creative, participate in strategy sessions.
• Offer creative input and brainstorm on pitches.
• Build brands through campaign-level thinking.
These are the Skills and Qualifications you already have:
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working in a studio, agency or freelancing.
• Excellent graphic design and layout skills.
• Communicates visually and creatively, with client expectations and the audience always in mind.
• Spot-on production skills, with an eye for detail.
• Video/Motion graphics experience not required but is appreciated.
• Adobe Creative Suite mastery.
• Organized, able to manage multiple assignments and understands the meaning of a deadline.
• Strong written and oral communicator.
These are the intangibles you have that are important:
• Big-picture thinker that is motivated by working with great people on great projects.
• Curiosity and a passion for design in all things professional and personal.
• Always willing to help teammates, share knowledge and experience, and learn from them.
• Friendly, optimistic, respectful and egoless, appreciating that the point of criticism is to improve the work.
• Ability to identify challenges and propose effective solutions.
• Interested in continual learning and development.
About us, salary and benefits
Suckerpunch is a full-service Integrated Communications Agency with a local and international clientele. We primarily work in the agriculture and food sectors and have built our firm on a solid reputation that always puts the success of our clients first.
You’ll be challenged daily, and you’ll work side-by-side with the senior leadership as you learn and grow within our company. We are a company who cares about your career development with a team that wants to win together. We’re growing and we hope you’d like to grow your career with us.
This career opportunity with Suckerpunch offers:
• Full-time, in-office, permanent position in Winnipeg.
• Salary range $50,000 to $60,000 annually.
• Health and dental benefits.
• Meaningful work contributing to projects with purpose.
• Continual professional development.
• Flexible, team-based structure that matches people to projects.
• Passionate, fun, like-minded professionals to work with.
• Casual office attire and vibe.
To apply to join our team, please send your resume and no more than five (5) relevant work samples to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Closing date is Friday, October 6th, 5:00 PM (CDT). Qualified applicants may be contacted before close.
Unfortunately, due to the number of applications we receive we are not able to contact everyone who applies. However, all applications are stored in our talent database and will be considered for future opportunities.