Account Manager – Think Shift
October 27, 2021
At Think Shift, we believe in building jobs around people. Our talented team of multi-disciplined creators and strategists have one thing in common: the desire to realize their own potential. We help our clients do the same.
As one of the largest ag-focused agencies in the world, we help agriculture and agri-food organizations imagine their future — then re-invent themselves accordingly. Our people have a head for logic and a heart for magic, and our clients engage us to help them think strategically and craft the stories that will propel them forward. Through our progressive approach to leadership development, strategic planning, corporate culture, brand development and marketing, we help ag leaders see their true potential and leverage change to bring their traditional brands into the new world.
We’re looking for creative and strategic minds who share our desire to find and realize potential — for ourselves and for our clients. Let’s get in touch.
You get excited about creating and executing integrated marketing strategies. You excel at showing leadership and love working with a team to gather creative and client input. You build and strengthen transparent client relationships, helping and growing the client every chance you get.
40% - Client Management: Own the relationship Under Promise and Over Deliver
• Lead the discovery process with clients, collaborate with team members and embrace clients as partners, using their input to inform and inspire creative ideas
• Effectively draft, present, sell and explain all agency work/proposals to clients
• Ensure clear articulation of client and agency deliverables with timelines
• Ensure Account Director CCO, or CGO is involved in significant client meetings
• Grow key client relationships and meet (or exceed) financial goals
• Stay apprised of clients’ products, services and marketing developments as well as industry and competitor changes to proactively provide the best service for each client
25% Project Management: Drive the bus
• Collaborate with project team to develop big ideas and brand propositions
• Ensure Account Coordinator and creative/development team is apprised of all relevant account and project details and strategic goals where required
• Oversee the management of projects from concept to completion; ensure work is properly scoped and estimated accurately, organize project kickoffs, keep apprised of project process driving towards agreed-upon timelines, and ensure client satisfaction
• Provide leadership and management to Account Executive/Coordinator
20% Communication Planning – Drive the process internally and with the client.
• Provide marketing, strategic, brand and digital based solutions for assigned client accounts
• Collaborate with creative teams and leverage their skills in implementing integrated marketing strategies
• Oversee implementation of approved plans and strategies and all forms of primary research
• Write and present detailed, well-researched communication plans to agency teams and clients
15% - Administrative - Focus on getting the job done, not who’s going to get it done
• Review and proofread all production materials to confirm they meet standards, strategic goals and are error-free prior to client presentation
• Sign off on all client invoices and billing worksheets, ensuring they are within project scope
• Define and manage Think Shift administration process with clients
• Degree in Business or Marketing and Communications (an equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered)
• 7 + years’ experience in a client service/ marketing role
• Ag experience is an asset.
• Experience with brand management and strategic business initiatives
• Proven experience in sales, budget planning and proposal writing
• Financial and business acumen
• Extensive experience in the advertising/ marketing industry with some digital knowledge
• Strong presentation and communication skills
• Must be able to travel (international) up to 25%
Behavioural Core Values of the Account Team
• CLIENT INTIMATE - Customer centric attitude with a strong passion to do what it takes to grow client relationships, invest the time and effort to build equity and deliver value so as to become a trusted advisor.
• HUSTLE - Ability to think strategically and creatively, providing the client with a plan of action supported by new ideas or solutions that will help exceed client expectations and surpass internal goals. Create the great idea when they didn’t ask for it.
• TEAM PLAYER - Strong team leadership skills, supported by a team-first attitude, volunteering to take on new clients or help a team member in need. Adding to the well-being of the agency’s culture is also a priority.
• COMMUNICATION – Superb listening and communication skills. Listen to learn, assess what’s required, determine the necessary team and share the information they are required to know to build a solution the client approves of.
Think Shift provides an attractive, market-researched comprehensive compensation plan, which includes base salary and company bonus. Employees enjoy a range of benefits, some of which include:
• Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits coverage
• Semi-annual bonuses (based on Company performance)
• Flexible work arrangements (work from anywhere)
• Year-round opportunities for internal and external training and development programs
Please note accepted applicants must provide satisfactory proof of vaccination at time of offer. Lack of documentation will result in withdrawal of application.