Account Director/Sr. Account Director, Agribusiness – FleishmanHillard HighRoad
August 27, 2022
FleishmanHillard HighRoad (FHR) is a leading, full-service communications agency. We are a dedicated and entrepreneurial team, with a passion for building powerful connections between ideas, people and actions.
Specializing in Brand Marketing, Social, Digital Innovation and Corporate Reputation, we are widely known for creating compelling and award-winning campaigns for our clients, time and time again.
Put your skills to work for a fast-paced communications agency with a stellar reputation and one of the biggest names in the business, literally.
When you join FHR, you join a winning team!
About the role:
FHR has an opening for an Account Director / Sr. Account Director to join our thriving food, agriculture and beverage team. This exciting and unique career opportunity is for a seasoned strategic marketing professional, who holds an expert understanding of the farming and agricultural industry. Reporting to the Senior Vice President and Partner, the successful candidate will serve in a leadership capacity and collaborate with teams to lead project execution, manage client relationships, develop program plans and conduct market analysis.
Your passion for strategic planning coupled with your knowledge of digital agriculture technologies, will be viewed as evidence of the ability to execute strategies which propel our client’s business forward.
*Candidates must be based in Ontario or Alberta. Contingent on location, this role will be hybrid or remote.
You will be responsible for:
• Strategy development, executing marketing plans, and portfolio management
• Leading cross-functional internal/external teams
• Partnering with Project Managers to ensure flawless execution of client campaigns
• Building strong relationships with clients and serve as the day-to-day client contact and account team manager on multiple client accounts
• Developing and implementing comprehensive programs and tactics, along with supporting materials
• Staffing projects effectively and managing client expectations
• Managing budgets, billing and client reporting
• Coaching and mentoring junior team members by effectively delegating work and providing frequent and constructive feedback
• Supporting RFP submissions and new client pitch processes and teams through research, brainstorming, industry and competitive analysis and stakeholder assessments
The ideal candidate will have:
• 8-10+ years of progressive marketing and/or agency experience
• Bachelor's degree or Graduate degree in Communications, Public Relations, Business or Agricultural Science
• A demonstrated passion to advance agriculture through smart thinking and effective communication
• In-depth understanding of crop production, utilization of farm management systems, and modern farming technologies
• Acute business acumen to comprehend business drivers, challenges and potential obstacles
• Intuitive business awareness to recognize & assess competitive activity then recommend effective countermeasures
• Proven ability to build strong relationship with clients and maintain effective relationships with all departments within the agency
• Knowledge of current Ag industry policies, practices, trends and technologies
• Ability to motivate, manage and work collaboratively across functions, stakeholders and levels of management and drive sales growth
• Excellent project management, analytical and problem-solving abilities
To apply for this opportunity, please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that only those being considered for an interview will be contacted directly.
FleishmanHillard HighRoad is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We thank all applicants for their interest however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We support persons with disabilities with accommodation during our recruitment and selection process. Individual accommodation will be provided to candidates who are selected for assessment.