Sales and Events Coordinator
January 14, 2020
Reporting directly to the Corporate Giving and Sponsorships Manager and working alongside the Marketing and Communications team, the Sales and Events Coordinator is responsible for organizing 4-H Canada’s activities and events and supporting initiatives to generate revenue for 4-H in Canada.
As a key member of the Sponsorship team, you will work toward supporting the efforts of increasing stakeholder engagement within the 4-H movement in Canada.
Position type: Full time
Reports to: Corporate Giving and Sponsorships Manager
- Act as project coordinator for the annual 4-H Canada Leadership Awards including auction, ticket sales, venue management, running events and supporting the sponsorship team with partner relations
- Act as project coordinator for the fundraising elements of the annual Show Your 4-H Colours campaign (retail sales and grassroots fundraisers)
- Issue tax receipts and enter database information on alumni, members, donors and prepare reports with accuracy and integrity
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department to execute the distribution of communications for the various stakeholder groups, e.g. membership newsletter, holiday giving, alumni magazine asks, etc.
- Provide exceptional customer service to a variety of stakeholders including donors, provincial partners, alumni, members, corporate sponsors and public partners
- Support the senior leadership team with reporting and requests for information, e.g. voter lists, Annual Report information, etc.
- Work with the Marketing and Communications department to coordinate outreach initiatives and their distribution through the retail store
- Carry out other duties as determined from time to time by the Director of Sponsorships and/or CEO
- Represent 4-H in a positive manner during any internal and external opportunities and assignments
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor
Qualifications and Skills
- Preferred degree/diploma in event management, fundraising, communication, marketing or public relations, or a combination of experience and education
- Minimum three years’ experience in event management or sales
- Minimum three years’ experience in the charitable, youth or agriculture sectors and understanding of not-for-profit practices and tax receipting
- Experience in a customer service role working with donors and customers
- Able to work under pressure and demonstrates strong organizational, planning and goal-setting skills as well as a keen attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate projects with multiple priorities on time and within budget
- Excellent computer skills and experience using databases – Software proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications and donor database or CRM software
- Ability to travel within Canada occasionally
- Willingness to accommodate flexible hours, and attend events as needed
- Demonstrated leadership in working collaboratively as a team member
- Demonstrated interest in the field of positive youth development
- Ability to provide a clear criminal background check
- Bilingualism is preferred
To apply for this position, please submit your application through Charity Village at charityvillage.com.
Please address your cover letter and CV or resume to:
Corporate Giving and Sponsorships Manager