Marketing and Communications Director (1-year contract)
November 16, 2020
Reporting to the COO, the Marketing and Communications Director is responsible for the oversight and implementation of all marketing, communications, and brand strategies at 4-H Canada.
The director drives and oversees all initiatives that enhance the 4-H identity and position within the marketplace and the general public as one of Canada’s leading positive youth development organizations.
Position type: Full Time, Parental Leave, 1-Year Contract
Location: Based at the 4-H Canada office in Ottawa, Ontario – Remote during COVID-19
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer (COO)
• Establishes and drives the communication and brand strategy and the business plan that actively engages a variety of stakeholders and aligns with our national strategic direction.
• Oversees all operations related to marketing and communications within the organization.
• Actively leads and manages the Marketing and Communications team to produce high-quality strategies, content, promotional tools, and communications materials on time, within budget, and with exceptional service.
• Engages and consults with provincial stakeholders in understanding needs, while supporting the national utilization and promotion of the 4-H brand.
• Builds and manages key relationships with media, organizations, and individuals across various sectors.
• Advises and provides strategic communications and brand insights to 4-H Canada senior management, 4-H Canada Board of Directors, Canadian 4-H Foundation and provincial stakeholders as required.
• Supports key spokespeople for the organization in external public relations activities
• Represents 4-H in a positive manner during any internal and external opportunities and assignments.
• Performs any other duties as required by the COO or CEO.
Qualifications and Skills
• Degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or related field
• Minimum 5 to 10 years’ experience leading and managing a team of staff members
• Proven track record in effective communications with a focus on brand identity and written communications in a corporate or non-profit environment
• Demonstrated experience in public relations and media relations, including excellent competency in navigating various media vehicles and outlets
• Understanding of digital technologies and data management tools within the workplace
• Self-directed work ethic, with demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
• A high degree of efficiency, accuracy, discretion, professionalism and attention to detail
• Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel occasionally
• Demonstrated interest and knowledge in the field of youth engagement and positive youth development
• Experience working with the agriculture and agri-food sector is considered an asset
• Bilingualism in English and French is considered an asset
Deadline to apply: Saturday, November 28, 2020, 11 p.m. ET
To apply for this position, please submit your application through Charity Village at charityvillage.com/company/4-h-canada.
Please address your cover letter and resume to: