DIRECTOR, COMMUNICATIONS at CEREALS CANADA
May 27, 2021
The Director, Communications is primarily responsible for working across all Cereal Canada’s (CC) functions to assess communications needs, and developing and implementing a corporate communications strategy and plan that is aligned to support the vision and strategic pillars of CC.
The Director, Communications reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). The Director, Communications is a key member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and provides strategic communications support for all CC functions. The Director, Communications leads the communications team and manages external communications consultants and agencies assisting the CC.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Lead, manage and coach the CC communications team, facilitate their career development, set individual goals and objectives, evaluate individual performance, training needs and provide feedback to ensure skills are applied and developed appropriately.
• Develop and implement an integrated corporate communications strategic plan to advance CC brand identity, broaden awareness of its programs and priorities, and increase the visibility of its programs across key stakeholder audiences.
• Develop, execute and evaluate an annual communication and content strategy aligned with CC’s strategic direction.
• Manage the development and implementation of a digital strategy for CC including websites, social media channels and other tools.
• Collaborate with the Executive Management Team (EMT) and SMT team and staff to recognize internal and external communications opportunities and challenges, define and execute appropriate strategies and solutions to support.
• Provide strategic communications support to CC EMT and SMT team as required; ensure leadership team are kept informed of high-profile issues.
• Develop, manage and oversee budgets for CC’s communications function; monitor expenditures and deliverables; prepare progress reports.
• Oversee development of all CC communications including the annual report, marketing collateral materials, news releases, electronic communications, website, external presentations and social media.
• Manage and execute internal communication projects, initiatives and events.
• Manage external consultants and agencies involved in communication and outreach activities; manage budgets and project execution; ensure deliverables are understood, budgets and timelines are met.
• Build and maintain credible, professional, collaborative partnerships and relationships across a diverse group of networks including media, customers, industry, government, consultants, consumers, and the general public.
• Lead the delivery of timely up to date (weekly, monthly, annual) communications activities to ensure the board of directors, members, stakeholders, government are informed on CC and cereals industry news and key developments and initiatives.
• Establish and oversee the Stakeholder Outreach program for CC to ensure all groups (members, funders, government, food companies, customers, consumers, the general public etc.) receive regular and relevant, and when appropriate targeted communications on issues and topics to promote CC and the cereals sector.
• Work in collaboration with key stakeholder organizations (i.e. CRSC, CCFI, Canada Grains Council, Pulse Canada, Canola Council of Canada, Grain Growers of Canada) in providing communications support on key initiatives that advance the Canadian grains and agri-food sector.
• Work collaboratively with the Director, Market Support and Training to implement training and communication engagement tools that benefit CC’s customers and the CC value chain.
• Post secondary degree in communications, marketing, journalism, agriculture or related.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience in the field of communications or marketing / branding.
• Experience in agriculture considered a strong asset.
• Significant experience in the development and execution of strategic corporate communications strategies and plans and programs.
• Experience in brand management, marketing and event planning considered an asset.
• Exceptional communications skills: articulate and respectful; strong writing, editing and presentation skills; demonstrated ability to communicate with a diverse range of audiences, including media, industry, government, consumers and general public.
• Demonstrated leadership skills and people management experience; an ability to lead a team of staff, external consultants / agencies and coach to high performance / results.
• Strong experience developing and implementing effective training, engagement and communication tools.
• Experience managing multiple projects with strong planning, budget management, decision making; ability to prioritize work in consultation with others in a dynamic environment.
• Ability to travel domestically and globally as required.
Cereals Canada is proud of its diverse workforce comprised of employees who are valued for their individual skills and attributes. Employees enjoy excellent working conditions, competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefit package. This position is based in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
Interested individuals are invited to submit their resume including cover letter and salary expectations on or before June 18, 2021 to:
Manager, People and Business Resources
Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO CAN APPLY: Persons who reside and are legally able to work in Canada.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.