Communications Manager – Canola Council of Canada
April 27, 2021
Currently we are seeking a:
If you are a creative and motivated communications professional we want to talk with you! Based in Winnipeg, this exciting role will work with a diverse team of experts at the Canola Council of Canada (CCC) and lead in the management of key communications platforms to inform and engage CCC membership and other stakeholders in the Council’s efforts to support industry objectives and respond to the challenges and opportunities ahead. A significant focus of the position will be providing communications support to the Crop Production & Innovation Team located across Western Canada. Reporting to the Director, Communications, your primary responsibilities will include:
- Oversee the CCC member communications engagement activities, including identifying, implementing and monitoring targeted strategies that improve engagement and provide valuable information of importance to the canola industry.
- Lead the CCC social media strategy including content creation, scheduling, graphics, and monitoring feedback and responses.
- Work closely with the Crop Production & Innovation team to provide and deliver effective communications plans on key agronomic issues to growers and industry.
- Lead role in delivering the annual Canadian Crops Convention event, including providing oversight for planning and execution.
- Assist the communications team in coordinating and delivering superior quality materials for all communications projects and activities.
- Post-secondary education in a Communications / Journalism and/or Agriculture.
- Three to five years of experience in the field of communications or marketing.
- Skills in graphic design would be an asset.
- Experience in the development and execution of strategic communications plans or programs.
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage, organize and coordinate multiple projects, across internal teams and agencies/consultants.
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing and editing skills with ability to adapt complex information into understandable communication pieces.
- Experience with digital communications tools including MailChimp, video and social media platforms.
- Strong planning, decision making and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of agriculture and/or canola industry would be an asset.
Applications must be received by May 17, 2021.
Apply, with resume, to HR resolve at email:email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.