April 11, 2019
Position Title: Communications Coordinator
Location: Etobicoke, Ontario
Cleanfarms is a not-for-profit industry stewardship organization committed to environmental responsibility through the proper management of agricultural waste. We manage programs that provide farmers the means to recycle their agricultural plastic and other inorganic waste from farms across Canada and have earned a reputation of excellence around the world.
Reporting to the Eastern Business Manager/Marketing Manager the Communications Coordinator plays a hands-on role in implementing communications strategies and tactics to support and advance Cleanfarms’ goals and priorities. The Communications Coordinator works closely with Cleanfarms’ staff and various third-party service providers to deliver communication services for the organization.
The position will also be responsible for supporting the organization’s social media activities and managing media relations activities. The successful candidate will be required to work with a team of industry experts to achieve goals.
What you’ll do:
- Participate in the planning and execution of the annual communications plan for Cleanfarms. In conjunction with the team, support development of the communication budget. Help execute the media plan. Monitor the advertising budget.
- Implement, together with relevant program managers, a series of campaigns around programs targeted to diverse audiences.
- Develop and deliver materials for internal and external audiences including, articles, presentations, brochures, advertisements, videos and items for the Internet and other communication material as required.
- Coordinate contractors to ensure deliverables are received on time and on budget and that all relevant visual identity and other style guides are adhered to.
- Assist in the development and implements a social media strategy. May include pro-active outreach and managing media inquiries.
- Support the Cleanfarms’ website ensuring it is up-to-date and that new content is uploaded in a timely fashion.
- Help develop communication tools to support the general manager by providing updates and appropriate briefing materials for board, committees and external stakeholder meetings.
- Assist with the organization’s brand awareness needs, market research and corporate communication goals. Tactics include blogging, trade show participation, speaking notes, member communications and presentations.
- Other duties as may be assigned
Required Skills and Knowledge:
- A passion for communication and marketing!
- At minimum, an undergraduate degree in communications, marketing or equivalent.
- 2 to 3 years’ experience in a communications and marketing role with hands on experience in the areas noted above.
- Experience with executing communication plans and monitoring budgets.
- Highly organized with the ability to prioritize workload and manage multiple tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal skills. Able to take technical language and terminology and translate it to everyday language for the non-technical reader or listener. Able to write and edit articles, blogs, web and print collateral.
- Superior editing and proof-reading skills and excellent attention to details.
- Experience with print and digital media preparing informal and formal communications. Knowledge of and experience with content management software is required.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Ability to work independently, collaboratively or as part of a team.
- Proficient MS Office skills including PowerPoint, Work and Excel as well as content management software.
- A respect for the environment along with an appreciation and understanding of the agriculture sector is an asset.
- Experience working in a not for profit and or regulated environment considered an asset.
- Interest or experience working in the waste management or agriculture industry, an asset.
- Ability to speak French, an asset.
- Ability to travel as required
- Valid driver’s license
A successful candidate will apply before May 10th by sending:
- A cover letter explaining why they are a good fit for the role
- Their salary expectations
- A current resume.
Send your cover letter and resume to: Sarah Hisey - firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank you for your interest. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.