Communications Account Manager – Synthesis
September 8, 2020
We are currently recruiting for the position of: Communications Account Manager
As a Communications Account Manager, you will be responsible for managing relationships and delivering communications campaigns for our agriculture sector clients.
You will be part of an accomplished communications team with a strong knowledge of the agri-food sector and a track record for creating impactful communications. Your role is a pivotal point between our clients and our internal team, so your ability to bring people together and manage multiple projects will be a key to success.
You will help us to deliver on our brand promise to “Go Beyond”. We strive to exceed our client’s expectations all along the way. Process and project management guides our work, but we’re also responsive and versatile. We’re committed to our clients’ success and to propelling the agriculture sector forward.
Status: Full Time
Location: Guelph, ON (with flexibility to work from home part of the time)
Reporting to: Client Director
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Serve as the lead point of contact for several communications clients to help to build and maintain strong client relationships
- Ensure successful delivery of communications campaigns and projects from start to finish including developing communication strategies, plans, setting deadlines and co-ordinating various tasks to be completed by internal staff or external services providers
- Managing project budgets including writing proposals, estimates, internal time and cost tracking and preparing client billing instructions
- Writing client status reports and briefing notes to keep everyone informed
- Develop new business by identifying and following up on opportunities with existing and prospective clients
- Staying current on issues and trends impacting the agriculture and food sector which will include participating in relevant industry virtual or in-person events (agriculture, food)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- University or college degree in business, communications or marketing is required
- Minimum of 5 years of work experience with a communication agency or in a marketing role
- Work experience in the agri-food sector is a requirement
SKILLS, QUALITIES AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Strong organizational, project management skills including demonstrated time management skills
- Excellent communications, interpersonal and customer service skills
- Candidate must be professional and embrace the entrepreneurial spirit
- Strong knowledge of the Canadian agriculture sector
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
This position will require some travel to attend client meetings, conferences/tradeshows, education programs and other events.
Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org